Monitoring & alarming of critical infrastructure equipment
The TELSEC MP2x Expansion Module is designed to expand the monitoring and alarming functions of the TELSEC MP2 primary system. The MP2x has thirty-two universal inputs that support 10K type III thermistors, 0-5VDC or 0-20mA transducers, dry contact closures and wet contact closures up to 60VDC.
There are four form C outputs available for user controls. The MP2x unit can be used to monitor temperature, humidity, DC power plants, generators, current sensors, water sensors, voltage sensors along with any other critical infrastructure equipment that needs to be monitored for alarms or trended for performance metrics.
The MP2x uses industry standard Modbus RTU protocol to communicate with the primary MP2 unit over an RS485 network. Up to fifteen MP2x Expansion Modules can be networked to the master to increase the inputs up to 512 universal inputs and 64 digital outputs.
Up to fifteen MP2x units can be networked to the MP2 master
TELSEC MP2x Features
- 32 Universal Inputs & 4 form C digital outputs
- Modbus RTU protocol for polling of input and output status
- Compact package allows for Wall or Rack Mounting
- Dual (A&B) power feed for redundant power source
- Simple to install & program
- Modular format allows incremental expansion of monitoring points for your critical facilities
- Real time view of your facility and critical equipment
- Reduces visits to Remote Sites
- Low cost solution for remote monitoring of your critical facilities
- Eliminates downtime by acting as an Early Warning System
- Utilities / Telecommunication / Cable & Broadband – Remote Cabinets & Shelters
- Data / Switching / Computer Centers / COs / Headends & Hubs
Part number – 151088-32
Inputs – 32 universal inputs supporting 10k ype III thermistors, 0-5 VDC, 0-20 mA, dry contact closures or wet (external voltage) contact closures up to +60VDC
Outputs – 4 form C digital outputs. Contact rating – 0.5 amp @ 60 VDC
Protocols supported – IPv6, IPv4, HTTP, HTTPS, DNP3, RADIUS Password Authentication, NTP, SMTP (email), SNMP v1, v2c and v3, SSHv2, Telnet, TL1 for Gets, Sets and traps/informs
Serial interface – RS485 serial port. Two wire plus common reference
Serial Protocols Supported – Modbus RTU for coil, digital inputs and holding registers
xDNP3: Supports polling of the MP2’s inputs and outputs
xLogging – Logs data for inputs, outputs, alarms, control states and Modbus registers
xAlarm notification methods - TL1 over SSH/Telnet, Email/SMTP and SNMP traps or informs
xDestinations – four programmable trap destinations, ten email addresses or distribution lists
I/O terminal – removable screw terminals supports up to 12 AWG wire
Power – dual feed 24-48 VDC, 3.7 W Max.
xBattery – long life lithium
Temperature sensor (included) accuracy – ±1°F (0.5°C)
Ambient operating temperature – 4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C), 0-95% RH Non-condensing
Dimensions – 13.15 W x 4.15 L x 1.63 H in. (334 x 105 x 41 mm) Weight – 1 lb. (454 g)
Warranty – 1 Year
Specifications subject to change without notice.